2012 has been a big year for simPRO with big changes to our product lineup as well as to the company’s focus and management team.
The completion and commercial release of simPRO Enterprise Version 11 was a huge milestone in 2012. Written completely from scratch, V11 was the culmination of about 3 years work and an investment of close to $2million in development. This has set a solid foundation for ongoing development and innovation in our software for years to come.
The rollout process to V11 has been slower than we had originally anticipated with around a third of our client base currently live on V11. This delay has been mostly due to the additional time allocated for clients to fully explore and test V11 with a copy of their own data before moving to a live V11 build.
For all those clients that came onto the Beta testing program for V11 earlier in the year, a big THANK YOU from the simPRO team and the simPRO community for your efforts. Your work at quickly identifying and reporting bugs was invaluable in helping us get the system to a stable, commercial release as quickly as we did.
Part of the success of simPRO Enterprise V11 can also be attributed to large corporates here and in the UK, including national & international brands and Fortune 500 companies who are rolling simPRO Enterprise into their operating divisions.
A big focus of the business in the later part of this year and going into 2013 is the restructuring of the simPRO Support Centre. We are increasing the numbers of people we have in the support team in order to keep up with the huge growth in clients we have experienced in the past few years. At times in the past we haven’t managed to maintain the ratio of support staff to clients needed for simPRO to deliver the level of service that we want to deliver to you. So we have been hiring extensively in the past few months and have also engaged an experienced support centre manager who just so happens to also be an experienced simPRO trainer.
In addition we will be introducing a new support system in the new year which, amongst it’s many new features, allows you to effectively monitor your open tickets and view the history of your tickets and their resolution. We hope that this helps make the support process more transparent and cements simPRO’s position as provider of the best support in the industry.
The other big changes that simPRO underwent this year were changes to the management team. In September our long term CEO Nolan LeSueur stepped down as CEO and resigned from the board to consider other pursuits. The board, management and staff thank Nolan for his tireless work in helping develop simPRO into the great product it is now and for opening up many opportunities and markets for the company to succeed. We wish him every success for the future in his new endeavours.
I was appointed as CEO in September and have been given the opportunity to guide the company through some tough economic times while simultaneously developing our product range for a competitive future where we take simPRO into additional markets such as Europe and the USA. For those of you who don’t know me and want to know a little more, please visit my LinkedIn profile and feel free to connect.
So what’s coming up in 2013? Like every year, it’s all about product development and new feature releases:
- simPRO Enterprise V11.2 will be released in January and will have some great new features.
- V11.3 is currently in the planning phases and we are looking at completely overhauling the scheduling process to help streamline the operations there and make it sing for those of you that schedule high volume service jobs.
- The simPRO Mobile Connect App is currently in V2 and we are working on a V2.1 release with JSAs (customisable safety audits) early in the new year and planning on a V3 with new designs and enhanced workflows and the ability to run on Windows 8 mobile devices.
- The simPRO Enterprise Fire platform is being reworked with the just released AS1851-2012 standards. We aim to have the new log book/forms designed for this new standard by mid January. Once completed we will be working on bringing the templates up to the standard as well.
In addition, we’ll be releasing a range of new products in 2013 including:
- eForms, a replacement for our digital pen platform which allows forms to be loaded and completed on tablets and integrated to simPRO. Anything that is a paper form will be able to be loaded to a tablet device and integrated to simPRO.
- We are also developing another tier of simPRO Job Management Software that will fit clients where simPRO Enterprise might be too big or complex. This is slated for release around mid year.
So from all the team at simPRO Software, we wish you a happy and safe holiday period and look forward to supporting you and your business throughout 2013.